How To Treat a Finicky Dog : 101 Dog Care Tips- Tip 83
Some dogs live to eat, while others stick their snouts up at the days fare. Do you live with a picky eater? Perhaps your once hearty eater has lost interest in the food they love and has turned into a food snob. But maybe there is underlining health issue that needs addressed. Here are some reasons why your dog may have become picky and tips to remedy the situation.
1. Keep the food fresh because no one likes expired kibble. If your dog's food is not properly sealed, it can go stale or even spoil so seal in a tight container for freshness. Also, make sure the food in your dog's bowl is a fresh batch, do not recycle if your dog refuses to eat.
2. Don't overfeed your dog. Make sure to feed your dog according to the serving size recommended on the bag of dog food. The food should satisfy his hunger, but not leave him stuffed. The amount of food your dog will need to consume will depend on his size, activity and energy level.
8. Cut back on serving size. Cutting the amount of dog food you serve may prompt a finicky dog to eat.
9. Mix canned food and kibble. Spicing up your dogs kibble with new taste and flavors may be what the doctor ordered. You can add a bit of water or beef stock to the food and see if that helps. Another tip is to warm the canned food up to about body temperature and see if that makes it more palatable. Often times the smell of warmed canned food can perch up a dogs appetite.
10. Monitor your dogs weight & appearance. Examine your dog to see if his weight and general appearance has changed. Make sure to be aware if your dog is drinking a lot more water, urinating more often, and eating less, this could be a sign of illness. Also, give your dog an at home dental check up, perhaps your dogs teeth & gum's are affecting their eating habits. If you suspect illness make sure you seek vet help ASAP!
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 5,000 fans.
How Can You Give Back To Barkworthy Rescues and Shelters Across the Globe? Click to Give a $1 at Checkout!
Well, we we tell you how you can help Best Bully Sticks support them. With your help we can save lives one $1 at a time and no animal needs to suffer.
Participate in our Best Bully Sticks $1 Donation Program by shopping on www.bestbullysticks.com and clicking to donate a $1 at checkout. For every $1 you donate at checkout we will donate a $1 with a 100% of the proceeds going to rescues and shelters in need across the country. The money raised will help with out reach, basic animal necessities and rescue programs. Donations raised monthly by you will be given to 3 lucky rescues during our ongoing monthly Best Bully Sticks Rescue Shelter Giveaway.
NEW! PRICE-MATCH GUARANTEE!
We are so confident that we offer the best prices at www.bestbullysticks.com that we now match ANY online vendor price on any item we sell!
If you find anything on www.bestbullysticks.com for less on another website (excluding Amazon and Ebay), let us know and we’ll credit the difference to you. It must be the same item. For bulk items, we’ll try our best to match the price. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or to take advantage of this great new service.
Is your dog barking for his or her time in the spotlight?
If you would like your dog spotlighted or want to recommend a dog breed you love for our next Best Bully Sticks Spotlight on a Breed entry please send us an email or tweet @bestbullysticks. Don’t forget to send over a photogenic pic of your dog as well.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!