Weekly Drool Recipe: Cheesy Tomato Herb Dog Treats
One word: Savory. This week, Best Bully Sticks brings your pooches a yummy recipe that is everything great about soup but in biscuit form. This recipe is plenty enticing for us humans, yet it’s all for your pup! With the perfect combination of smooth mozzarella, sweet tomatoes and fresh herbs; you might find yourself sneaking a piece too!
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/3 cup Milk
5 tablespoons Butter
1 can Tomato Paste (6 ounces)
1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 teaspoon dried Basil
1 teaspoon dried Parsley
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients in mixer. Once everything is mixed well, scoop the dough out onto a work surface dusted with a little extra whole wheat flour.
3. Knead dough into ball. If the dough gets too sticky, add a little extra whole wheat flour while you work.
4. Roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
5. Use a fork poke holes in the tops of the biscuits.
6. Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
8. Store in the refrigerator.
If you have a recipe you’d like to share or see us feature, feel free to tell us! If you make this recipe, be sure to send us your own Cheesy Tomato Herb Dog Treats photos to firstname.lastname@example.org!
(courtesy of Big Bear's Wife & Doggy Dessert Chef)