Weekly Drool Recipe: Grain & Gluten-Free Tomato & Spinach Dog Treats via DoggyDessertChef
There is nothing tastier than garden fresh veggies! Give your dog this same taste with today’s BestBullySticks Weekly Drool Recipe from DoggyDessertChef, Grain & Gluten-Free Tomato & Spinach Dog Treats! Tomato (just the red parts!) and spinach both give your dog lots of great vitamins and minerals like Vitamins A, B, C, K and lots of great fiber, beta carotene and lycopene! Because these treats are gluten and grain-free, you can feel 100% guilt-free in treating your dog to this scrumptious snack!
- 1 (6 ounce can) Tomato Paste (Make sure that the only ingredient in your tomato paste is tomatoes. A lot of brands add garlic and other spices for taste so make sure to avoid those.)
- 1 cup frozen Spinach, thawed
- pinch Parsley
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheese
- 1 cup Potato Flour
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2. In a large bowl mix all ingredients one at a time, kneading well after each addition.
3. Knead dough into several balls and roll onto a floured surface 1/2 inch thick. Dough is very thick and a little difficult to roll.
4. Cut with the cookie cutter of your choice.
5. Place on your prepared cookie sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and refrigerate.
Makes 2 to 3 dozen rounds.
Recipe Note: These dog treats are meant for occasional snacking. The fruit (only the red part) of tomatoes is perfectly safe for dogs, but avoid feeding any green portion of a tomato plant as it is toxic to dogs. Dogs with sensitive stomachs may be more affected by tomatoes, so feed sparingly.
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
Thank you once again to Tenille at DoggyDessertChef for sharing another great dog treat recipe!