Weekly Drool Recipe: Blueberry Pie Dog Treats
Imagine this: A warm, fresh, pie that just come from the oven, cooling in a windowsill. You can almost smell it and taste it, right? Best Bully Sticks knows that it’s almost un-American to not like pie! We also think that Fido shouldn’t miss out! That’s why this week we’re riding on the coattails of Memorial Day once again and bringing your pups an All-American Treat! Fresh from our friend Doggy Dessert Chef, Best Bully Sticks gives you Blueberry Pie Dog Treats.
1 cup Blueberries
1 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 teaspoon Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/2 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Butter (room temperature)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
3. In a large bowl combine the butter with the milk, eggs and lemon juice until well blended.
4. In another bowl mix the whole-wheat flour and cinnamon then add to wet mix.
5. Once all ingredients are combined fold in blueberries until well mixed.
6. Drop the dough in 1 tablespoon mounds 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before serving and refrigerate.