Weekly Drool Recipe: Coco’s Carob-Nut Dog Crisps
BestBullySticks.com we know you don’t want to deny your pooch the simple things in life that are just for fun; like cookies! Dog Pack Snacks whipped up this dog-friendly cookie recipe that will make your pooch jump for joy, wag for wonder and smile for seconds!
This recipe makes a small batch of about 20 medium sized cookies but can be easily doubled if you need to make a larger batch.
- 1 cup flour – I use oat flour but feel free to use wheat if your dog tolerates wheat.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup carob chips
- 2 medium eggs – if your dog has issues with protein, use one egg and 1/4 cup of water instead.
- 1/2 tablespoon of ginger
- 1/4 tablespoon of vanilla
- Mix the eggs, ginger and vanilla together, then add the flour, coconut and carob chips one at a time. Combine the ingredients into a thick sticky dough.
- Use a melon ball scoop to portion the dough onto your baking sheet. Be prepared, the dough will stick to the scoop. If you want larger cookies, use a larger melon scoop.
- Then use your thumb to flatten the middle of the little dough balls. Again, this is sticky!
- Bake at 350 degree, near the top of the oven for 25-30 mins until light brown and crisp.
Thanks to Dog Pack Snacks for sharing this great recipe and photo with us!
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!
Be sure to check out all of our Weekly Drool Recipes for more ideas on how to spoil your pup!