Weekly Drool Recipe: Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blueberry Frozen Goodness via Wayward Dogs
As Cystal of “Wayward Dogs” puts it, her Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blueberry Frozen Goodness dog treat recipe is for “master estimators.” You won’t find any exact measurements here, but you will a tasty, all-natural treat that will cool off your dog and tickle his taste buds! (We like Crystals humor, so we included her post in its entirety!) Thanks for sharing this great recipe and your photos, Crystal!
Sweet Potato Peanut Butter Blueberry Frozen Goodness
1. What’s left of last year’s sweet potato harvest. Or, as many sweet potatoes as you feel like cleaning, chopping up, boiling and pureeing in the blender – minus the amount of mash you decide at the last minute to save for yourself. Because mashed sweet potatoes are so awesome to eat they require no condiments (although a dash of salt and butter can’t hurt).
2. Peanut butter. As much as you feel like spooning into the pureed sweet potatoes, but probably not an equal amount or the batter will get so voluminous that you’ll be at this all day.
3. Oats – regular or the instant kind. Really, the dogs won’t know the difference.
4. Cinnamon. Put the container on the sprinkle – not the dump – setting, and use your judgment.
5. Dried blueberries. For topping. Read more