Weekly Drool Recipe: Peanut Butter Apple Dog Biscuits from Yuki + Rocket
This time of year, apple orchards around the country are sending delighted locals home with bushels full of all the diversity of the apple world. Red Delicious, Macintosh, Pink Lady, Granny Smith and more are gracing many tarts, pies and jam jars this Fall. BestBullySticks.com knows it wouldn’t be Autumn if the smell of some concoction of baked apples wasn’t wafting out of the kitchen.
Don’t let your dog miss out on the apple harvest! Melissa from her Yuki + Rocket (her two Schnauzers) blog has done it again. Her take on this apple-licious dog treats is sure to please your pooch! Here is Melissa’s recipe for Peanut Butter Apple Dog Biscuits!
1 1/2 cups of brown rice flour
1 1/2 cups wheat germ
2 tbsp flaxseed meal
1 tsp cinnamon
1 medium apple, grated, remove core and all seeds
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
1/2 cup natural smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/8 cup of fat free milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
3. In a large bowl, combine brown rice flour, wheat germ, flaxseed meal, and cinnamon.
4. With a fork, fold in apple and ginger, taking care the ginger does not stay in a clump and is evenly distributed throughout the mix.
5. In a separate small bowl, mix the peanut butter and honey. After combined mix it into the large bowl.
6. Add milk. Read more