Weekly Drool Recipe: Grain Free PuppyPoppers via My Dog’s Breakfast
In the New Year, we made our resolutions. BestBullySticks.com says, “Good Job” if you’re still on track! If you made a healthy eating or weight loss goal, we’re sure you’re looking for alternatives to what now are labeled “off limits food.” The same might be true for your dog. If you made a New Year’s resolution for your dog as well, here is a great snacking alternative to keep your dog’s snacking habits healthy! Fresh from My Dog’s Breakfast, Jen and her dogs Miko and Hank shared their great PuppyPoppers healthy dog treat recipe for today’s Weekly Drool Recipe!
- 2 cups buckwheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups tapioca flour
- 1/3 cup blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup olive or canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Simply mix together the flours and salt. Then add the molasses and get your stand or hand mixer going.
3. Next, crack in your eggs and oil. Mix again. (I added the half cup of water last and then give it a final mix until it looks like cookie dough.)
4. Sprinkle some flour on your non-stick baking sheet or parchment lined tray. Use a spatula to scoop this brown goop out. Sprinkle more flour on top so you can flatten it out. Press it down to your desired thickness, cut into long strips, then chop bite sized pieces from the strips.
5. Roll into balls and place on tray. Bake at 250 degrees for 20 minutes to half an hour. Roll halfway through.
Jen used Fido’s Frosting, a dog-friendly frosting mix to which she added dog-safe food coloring. You simply follow the directions on the frosting box and add the food coloring. You can also try this easy way to make Doggy Frosting with yogurt chips!
1 cup yogurt chips (found at most pet stores!)
1 tsp vegetable oil
Dog-friendly food coloring.
1. Microwave in microwavable bowl uncovered on High about 1 minute or until mixture can be stirred smooth.
2. Add dog-safe food coloring and dip. Let them dry on the rack for 24 hours.
Thanks to Jen at My Dog’s Breakfast for sharing her great PuppyPoppers recipe with us!
For more healthy and fun dog treats check out all of Best Bully Sticks Weekly Drool Recipes!