Weekly Drool Recipe: Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait
With the weather heating up, you and your dog are likely to need more ways to cool down. This week, we are excited to share a refreshing and healthy dog treat recipe from Sugar the Golden Retriever! Sugar and Mom, Rosalyn, were kind enough to let us share their Frosty Yogurt Berries Bone Parfait dog treat recipe! We know your dog will enjoy the frozen, tart berries and yogurt as their new favorite way to cool down this summer.
- ~1 tablespoon of Greek Yogurt
- ~1 tablespoon of Plain Yogurt
- ~2 teaspoon of fresh blackberries juice (=3 pieces of blackberries)
- 4 x-small pieces of strawberries
- 1 teaspoon of homemade toasted coconut honey oats (using old fashion oats, coconut oil and honey)
Use a Bone cookie cutter as a mold. Place it on a flat surface. We used a clear plate.
1. Pour into the mold ~ 1 tablespoon of Greek yogurt.* Freeze it for about an hour.
*This is the first time we used Greek yogurt for frosty paw recipe. It does not freeze well unlike the regular plain yogurt.*
2. Pour ~2 teaspoons of the fresh blackberries juice. Smashed blackberries can be added too. Freeze it for about 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Place little pieces of strawberries.
4. Pour ~1 tablespoon of plain yogurt. Freeze it for 20 minutes.
5. Place the tasted oats on top. Freeze it for another 10-15 minutes.
It was my treat for the day (whole day). Mom believes in portion control. She cut it into four pieces. I had one piece for breakfast, mid morning snack, after nap snack and evening meal dessert. It was DELISH! TASTY! The little pieces of strawberries inside and toasted oats were delightful. Using Greek yogurt as the first layer gave a thicker texture but it tasted GOOD!
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
Thank you to Sugar & Rosalyn at Sugar the Golden Retriever for letting us share this amazing recipe and photo!