Matters of the Heart -Symptoms of Doggy Heart Failure: :101 Dog Care Tips- Tip 43
Dogs are not immune to matters of the heart. Just like humans dogs can experience heart difficulties or canine congestive heart failure. Canine congestive heart failure may be due to birth defects, age degeneration of the heart valves, heart worms and diseases of the heart. Before you can seek proper vet treatment, pet owners must be aware of the signs and symptoms of heart failure. Knowing the symptoms could mean the difference between life or death.
1. Excessive panting. We all know that dog's pant as a way to regulate their body temperature, since they do not have sweat glands like we do. However, if your dog is constantly panting this could be cause for concern. Your dog may be having a build up fluid in the lungs because the heart is not circulating blood properly, which can cause trouble with the circulation of body fluids, hence the fluid buildup in the lungs.
2. Cough that won't go away. If your dog is coughing incessantly but their is no evidence of a airway blockage this could be a sign of fluid buildup in the lungs.
3. Difficulty breathing. If your dog is having a hard time catching his breath or breathing then heart failure could be the issue, causing poor circulation. Inadequate circulation will affect the lungs ability to function and receive oxygen, preventing the lungs from contracting and expanding, leading to difficulty in breathing.
4. Loss of Appetite. If your dog is known for having quite a hearty appetite but is just not interested in eating then they could be suffering from heart failure. You, see dog's experiencing heart failure often become fatigue and loss interest in food.
5. Fatigue. Dog not up to his old tricks, and has no energy for a good game of fetch or chase the squirrel? Well, there could be a more underlining problem beside boredom. If your dog's circulation becomes impaired because their heart is no longer pumping blood effectively through the arteries then this is where the problem lies. Poor circulation means the muscles are not being properly supplied with enough oxygen. As a result of the onset of heart failure your dog may become fatigued & tired.
Refer-A-Friend now offering a 6% discount per referral
Many of you have taken advantage of our Refer-a-Friend/Family Member program, and we extend our heartfelt thanks for that-it’s the biggest compliment you can give us.
Are you new to Refer-A-Friend? It’s simple! Here’s how it works:
*Your friend or family member places their first order with Best Bully Sticks.
*On that first order, your friend or family member types your name and the words “Refer-A-Friend” in the “Comments” section.
*We send you a coupon code for 6% off when their order is placed!
There are no limits to the Refer-A-Friend promotion, so you save 6% off our products every time a new friend or family member places their first order!
Do you have a bone to pick with us?
Our dog chews & bones are all natural, and from either Brazilian or US meat sources. If you have a highly aggressive chewers then you came to the right place. Your dogs will fall in love with our grrreat selection, while you go gaga over our amazing prices! We are constantly adding new dog bones & chews, so make sure to check back often. Better yet sign up for our newsletter and receive the inside scoop on new products, special saving & discounts & stay up to date on Best Bully Sticks happenings for 2010. We have some wonderful things in store worth barking about, so sniff around our site daily!
Offering you more of the best of the best-with your input!
Since you are our most valuable resource and we want Best Bully Sticks to be your go-to source for great pooch stuff, we need your help! Please let us know what you think we should offer, and how you think we can improve our website, for your best possible shopping experience with us. We will carefully consider all ideas.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Please make sure to check out our growing selection of dog treats, dog chews, and of course our bully sticks . Try our NEW Odorless Odor free all natural free range bully sticks!
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!