Weekly Drool Recipe: Liver & Rye Homemade Dog Treats via Honey Bee’s Recipes
It’s not hard to please most dogs, but when you have something they really love, you know it. They’ll pace the floor, whine, bark or even drool. They’ll definitely drool for the homemade dog treats from Sonja at Honey Bee’s Recipes. She whipped up a great recipe just for her pup, Luke, and today’s she’s sharing it with you! Here is Sonja’s recipe for Liver & Rye Dog Treats!
Homemade Dog Treats ~ Liver & Rye
Prep time: 1 hour Cook time: 30 mins Total time: 1 hour 30 mins
Serves: 100 cookies
- 2½ cups of rye flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of chicken livers
- 3 tbsp of canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
2. Dust the baking sheet with rye flour.
3. Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse for about 1 minute, or until the dough forms a ball shape.
4. Remove from the food processor and knead briefly into a well-formed dough ball.
5. Transfer directly to the baking sheet.
6. Flatten the ball and shape it carefully into a square. Read more