Weekly Drool Recipe: Doggy Meatloaf with Vegetables
Looking for a pooch friendly and savory recipe? Well you got to check out this simple, easy and nutritious doggy meatloaf recipe (the ultimate comfort food!). This enticing recipe will get dogs lips drooling and tails wagging!
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 eggs
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 1 cup regular rolled oats
- 1 cup wheat germ
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 4 medium potatoes, cubed
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a large roasting pan with oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, 3 stalks of celery, grated carrots, apple, eggs, bread, oats, wheat germ and tomato paste using your hands. Divide the meat mixture into four equal parts and make loaf shapes. Place the loaves in the roasting pan. Surround them with the potatoes, remaining carrots and remaining celery. Cover the pan with a lid.
- Bake for 80 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the meat is cooked through. The internal temperature should be 175 degrees F (80 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Allow to cool.
- Portion the food into containers with one loaf and one quarter of the vegetables in each one. Refrigerate. To serve, give your dog 1/3 of a container with each portion of kibble.
Courtesy of allrecipes.com
Stay tuned for delicious dog recipes every Wednesday in our Weekly Drool Recipes blog series. Check out our other drool-worthy recipes! Also, remember food is meant to be shared! So be a pal and submit your favorite dog recipes to be featured in this delicious blog series by emailing us at email@example.com.
Best Bully Sticks News!
Become a Facebook Fan, “Like” our page & Help us reach 5,000 fans.
Give the gift of a good chew. Delicious & all natural, the way nature intended!
Take The Guessing Out Of Gift Giving With A Best Bully Stick Gift Certificate!
But what do you do for the pampered pup or feline that has everything? Hmmm..For the pet that has everything give a Best Bully’s Gift Certificate and take the guessing out of gift giving! This is a great way for you to give that furry special someone in your life or loving pet owner a special gift by allowing them to select the exact products their furry companion are looking for.
A picture is worth a thousand words, or shall we say free bully sticks!
Our photo gallery is growing constantly, please submit a photo of your dog enjoying any of our products to enter our twice monthly contest! Each month we will have a drawing on those customers who submitted pictures to the gallery and a winner will be chosen and posted on the site. The winner will win more bully sticks!