Weekly Drool Recipe: Peanut Butter Thumbprint Cookies
It’s only 20 days until Christmas! That’s why BestBullySticks.com is going to be sharing festive, yummy dog treats you can whip up for your four-legged house guests and Fido’s friends very quickly. Thumbprint cookies seem to be a staple in many Holiday baked-good gifts, so now you can treat your neighborhood dogs to the same treat. Using all-natural jam and yummy peanut butter, these Thumbprint Dog Treats are sure to make an impression.
2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy
1/2 cup chicken broth, low sodium
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup all-natural strawberry jam, sugar free (see recipe note!)
1. Preheat oven to 325° F
2. Whisk together the flour, oats and cinnamon.
3. Place the peanut butter, chicken broth and water in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for 15 seconds. Stir together the warm peanut butter and liquids. If needed, microwave again for 10 to 15 seconds. Stir again until all of the liquid is incorporated into the peanut butter.
4. Make a well in the dry ingredients.
5. Pour the peanut butter mixture into the dry ingredients and stir, using a fork, until dough forms.
6. Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
7. Using a tablespoon sized cookie scooper, scoop out rounded balls onto the prepared baking sheet. Read more