Weekly Drool Recipe: Puppy Hugs & Kisses Valentine Dog Treats via Pretty Fluffy
Tomorrow is the day of love. Valentines Day shouldn’t be the only day you show your dog love, but it’s a great excuse to do something special! BestBullySticks.com is happy to share this adorable and fun Valentines Day (or any day) treat for our pooch from Pretty Fluffy. Happy Valentine’s Day & Enjoy!
- 3 Cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Molasses
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 250g Plain Organic Yogurt or Carob Drops
- 2 Large Bowls
- Mixing and measuring utensils
- Rolling Pin
- X and O Cookie Cutters
1. Get two large bowls. In one bowl combine the water, olive oil, molasses and honey. In the second bowl combine the flour, and cinnamon.
2. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet. Mix until all are combined.
3. Divide the dough into two, wrap and refrigerate for minimum 3.5 hours.
4. Once chilled, remove dough from fridge and roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
5. Pre-heat oven to 180 C (350 F). Line 2 flat cookie trays with baking paper.
6. Use your X and O Cookie Cutters to cut out the treats. Place on baking tray. Bake for 10-15 minutes. (Recipe Note: If you don't want to use X & O cookie cutters, simply form them by rolling or cutout freehand with a knife.)
1. Place yoghurt or carob drops in a heat safe bowl. Melt the drops over boiling water, stirring constantly.
2. Dip the treats into the melted drops and allow to cool before serving.
Recipes and Photos courtesy of Pretty Fluffy
Check out more dog-friendly treats and snacks by viewing all of BBS’s Weekly Drool Recipes or by choosing a healthy dog treat like a bully stick from BestBullySticks.com!