Weekly Drool Recipe: 4 Ingredient Dog Treats via The Striped Flamingo Blog
As a doggy parent, you care about finding the most wholesome things for you dog and of course that includes dog treats! But you don’t always have the time to whip up a fancy batch of treats. That’s why we’re sharing April at the Striped Flamingo’s Four Ingredient Dog Treat Recipe today. April’s dog, Hewitt has food allergies, so she created her own simple treat packed with a lot of flavor, to keep Hewitt happy. Check out April & Hewitt’s Four Ingredient Dog Treat Recipe below!
4 Ingredient Dog Treats [Contains no soy, dairy, corn or animal by-products]
Yields: About 24 1.5 inch treats
1. 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I use JIF Natural)
2. 2 scoops (using the scoop that comes in the canister or about 1/2 cup total) rolled oats
3. 1/2 cup natural, unsweetened applesauce
4. 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
Recipe Note: Make sure you use unsweetened, natural applesauce or check the labels to be certain it doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl until they form a soft dough ball.
3. Roll out dough onto floured surface with lightly floured rolling pin. (I used a little more whole wheat flour.)
4. Cut out small sections of dough using a cookie cutter or slice with a pizza cutter into about 1.5 in. squares.
5. Place on a lightly sprayed cookie sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until browned slightly.
Recipe Note: Next time, I might try baking a little longer so the treats will be more crispy. These are pretty soft. But the thinner the dough, the crispier the treats will be.
Thanks to April & Hewitt at the Striped Flamingo Blog for sharing their Four Ingredient Dog Treat Recipe! For more great and nutritious treat, check out our full line of all-natural bully sticks or browse all the Weekly Drool Recipes!