Weekly Drool Recipe: Butternut Bliss Biscuits via Kirby the Dorkie
The smells coming from the kitchen this time of the year are irresistible. Anyone within a mile radius will come running when they get a whiff of delicious turkey, sweet pies and perfectly cooked and seasoned veggies! Treat Fido too! Best Bully Sticks brings your Kirby the Dorkie’s Butternut Bliss Biscuits to share with you pup this Thanksgiving!
“Butternut squash provides about one-third of the Daily Value of vitamin C in every cup and contains vitamins B1, B3, B6, pantothenic acid, and folate.”
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
For more great vegetarian treats for dogs, check out Best Bully Sticks full line!
1. In large bowl thoroughly mix all ingredients.
2. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto paper lined cookie sheet. These can be placed close together since they wont expand. Lightly sprinkle cinnamon on top of each cookie.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Remove from the oven to a baker’s rack and let cool.
These are great for a treat but even better as an accompaniment biscuit with your dog's meal. They are moist so store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to five days. They can be frozen for up to 3 months.
A BIG “Thank-You” to Kirby & Debby at Kirby the Dorkie for being such amazing friends to Best Bully Sticks! We’re so thankful for our great doggy bloggers! Thanks for letting us share your amazing recipes with our readers and customers!
Show your dog your gratitude every day by giving them a wholesome, all-natural dog chew—like bully sticks!