Weekly Drool Recipe: Candy Cane Dog Treats via Pet Coupon Savings
Just a few days until Christmas! Best Bully Sticks knows Fido is just as excited as you for the wonderful time of year, so do something special for your pup to show him how much you care! Today we’re featuring Candy Cane Dog Treats via Pet Coupon Savings! These easy and adorable treats have a great minty flavor that your pooch will love! Use the recipe below and whip some up this Holiday Season!
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- ½ cup powdered milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 large eggs (set one aside for egg wash)
- 1 tsp. Peppermint oil
- red food coloring (optional)
- Whisk all your wet ingredients together until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients, one at a time, stirring between each addition to incorporate.
- Knead dough on floured surface for 2-3 minutes.
- Divide dough in half, make a well in one half and add the peppermint and food coloring-working it in and adding food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Place both dough rolls back into bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 1 hour to firm dough.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cover a cookie sheet in foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk egg for wash in a small bowl.
- Remove dough from refrigerator, break each dough color up into an equal number of pieces- about a Tbsp. or so in size-depending on the size of the recipient.
- Roll each ball into a small snake-like shape.
- .Work on a long sheet of wax paper creating candy canes to prevent sticking- dough will still be somewhat sticky and that is normal.
- Twist one of each color together and bend the end to create a hook shape.
- Place your “Candy Cane” on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush each with egg wash.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
Special Thanks to Pet Coupon Savings for the amazing recipe and photos!
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!