Weekly Drool Recipe: Frozen Luau Dog Treats
If you’re dealing with a hot summer, why not make it the most of the warm weather and throw a party! Even if it’s just for you and your dog Best Bully Sticks has a great way to make the sizzling summer a little cooler. Frozen Luau Dog Treats via Aimee Beltran and Chuy of Irresistible Pets combines just three ingredients that you probably have in your house right now! Check out this yummy and easy treat for Fido below!
Ingredients You Need
- 1 – 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 16 – 32 ounces all natural non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana
Tools You Need
- Blender (this helps the cubes freeze without lumps)
- Ice cube tray (I used these fun tiki man trays I got for $1 at Target)
1. Mix the banana, peanut butter, and yogurt together in the blender.
2. Blend the ingredient’s together until they are pureed. This will ensure that your cubes come out smooth and without big chunks of bananas. Presentation. Presentation.
3. Pour the mixture into your ice cube trays. I didn’t have any baggies left, so I used a cake decorating tip as a funnel to make sure I got the mixture into the trays without spillage.
4. Freeze for about 3-4 hours or overnight.
5. Pop them out and serve 1-2 cubes to your Irresistible Pets!
Always ensure your pet is not allergic before introducing new food into their diet. If unsure, call your vet.
I used about 16 ounces of yogurt in this batch and made 40“tikimen” ice cubes. Use your own judgment for the amount of yogurt and peanut butter based on your dog’s size, diet, what they can tolerate, etc.
I only serve about 1-2 of these to Chuy per day. If I just give them to him, he’ll run off with them and try to eat them in one piece. So, you can mash them up, hold the cubes, or do what ever is comfortable for you and your pet.
Enjoy & Bone Appétit!
Thank you to Aimee and Chuy at Irresistible Pets for sharing their amazing recipe and photos with us!
Browse all of Best Bully Sticks Weekly Drool Recipes to find the perfect match for your four-legged friend! Remember, there’s no better and healthier treat for your dog than an all-natural bully stick!