Weekly Drool Recipe: Healthy Morning Poochidatis via Little Kitchen Big Flavors
Self-proclaimed food lovers Mr. and Mrs. “Big Flavors” at Little Kitchen Big Flavors blog (aka Jenna and her husband) whip up tasty dishes in their less than large kitchen, even for their pooch Izzy. Jenna shared her Healthy Morning Poochidatis dog cookie recipe—a spin off Italian cookies called cucidatis—with us! This healthy dog treat is full of great ingredients like apples and carrots and your dog is sure to love the taste!
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 carrot (peeled and shredded)
- 1/2 apple (peeled and shredded)
- 8oz plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons water
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except yogurt and 2 TBSP water. Use a wooden spoon to mix all ingredients together.
2. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Roll out into a flat surface about 1/2" thick.
3. Use a biscuit cutter to cut out dog treats. Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
4. Repeat Step 2 and 3 with remaining dough (or freeze half of the dough wrapped in plastic and placed in a freezer-safe container for future use).
5. Use bottom of a pestle (or your finger) to create pawprint mold on each biscuit. Make sure the mold is deep and defined. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 - 25 minutes, until biscuits are golden and crispy. Remove and let cool.
6. If desired, in a small mixing bowl, combine yogurt and water. Whisk to thin out the yogurt. Use a spoon or pipe yogurt into each pawprint mold.
7. Place in an airtight container and keep up to a week. If you add the yogurt, be sure to store in the fridge with wax paper between each treat. Biscuits will get softer and yogurt will harden in the fridge, but don't worry, your dog will still eat them up!
Thank you to Jenna at Little Kitchen Big Flavors for sharing her awesome Healthy Morning Poochidatis dog cookie recipe and photos!
Bone Appétit & Enjoy!
Find the perfect homemade dog treat for your pooch by browsing all of BestBullySticks Weekly Drool Recipes! And if you can’t find it there an all-natural bully stick always a great option!