Weekly Drool Recipe: National Pancake Day Recipes For Fido!
Happy National Pancake Day! Who doesn’t love a big, fluffy pancake hot off the griddle? Put a pad of butter on top and with fresh fruit or a little maple syrup, pancakes become a delicious breakfast favorite. Celebrating the National Pancake Day doesn’t mean leaving your dog out of the festivities. BestBullySticks.com brings you two pancake recipes, one savory, one sweet, to share with your favorite four-legged companion.
Potato Pancake Recipe
3 medium potatoes
½ cup milk
2 medium eggs
2 tablespoons butter
Sour cream or cottage cheese
1. Boil potatoes with their skins on in salted water for about 30 minutes or until tender.
2. Mash and mix in the egg yolks and milk until smooth. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into mashed potatoes.
3. In a frying pan melt half of the butter when hot spoon a ping pong ball sized lump of the mashed potato mix into the pan. Flatten slightly with spatula and allow to brown well on both sides. Continue until all of the mixture is cooked adding butter as needed to avoid the potato pancakes sticking.
4. Serve with sour cream or cottage cheese.
Country Corn & Honey Pancakes
1 ½ cups cornmeal
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons corn oil
2 tablespoons honey
1. Place all of the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl and using a fork mix thoroughly.
2. In another bowl blend the buttermilk, oil and honey.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until the batter is smooth.
4. Melt butter in a heavy frying pan and using a ladle pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the surface of the frying pan. Each crisp should be about seven to eight cm round.
5. Cook until lightly browned on both sides.
Recipe Note: This recipe makes about a dozen small pancakes.
Enjoy a savory or sweet pancake treat today with your pup! Bone Appétit!
Be sure to check out all of Best Bully Sticks Weekly Drool Recipes to find a great homemade treat for your pooch! We’ve got lots of great Fall recipes coming up in the next couple weeks so stay tuned!