What are Bully Sticks?
One of the most frequent questions we're asked is, "What are bully sticks made from?" Bully Sticks are 100% Beef Sticks Dog Treats and dog chews that are made from the pizzle or penis of the bull. Pizzles have historically been used for different purposes from walking canes to medicinal powders, and even eaten in their raw or cooked form by humans in parts of the world today.
In the United States, pizzles are most commonly used as dog chews. These bully sticks or Beef Stick Dog Treats and chews originate from primarily US or South American cattle. In recent years there have been new products introduced to the USA market from India (these are water buffalo pizzles) and from Australia and New Zealand. Most people prefer bully sticks that are from either the USA or South America because of the safety and cooking standards employed. It is our belief that bully sticks from India and China are of inferior quality and not cooked or prepared properly.
Looking for more information on Bully Sticks? Read the top bully stick questions below:
- What are Bully Sticks?
- How are Bully Sticks made?
- What sizes do Bully Sticks come in?
- Why are your bully sticks any different from other sellers either on or offline?
- How should I store Bully Sticks?
- How long do Bully Sticks last?
- Is it okay for my dog to swallow the small ends of a bully stick?
- What ingredients are in a Bully Stick?
- How often should I give my dogs Bully Sticks?
- Are Bully Sticks for Dogs safe?