How are Bully Sticks made?
Bully Sticks in general are made differently from vendor to vendor. Some inferior manufacturers sun-dry their bully sticks to remove moisture from them. This method is not preferred because the temperature can vary in drying, and the product is exposed to the elements. Bully Sticks can also be smoked, in a traditional smoker, to remove moisture and if done with wood, a smoked aroma can be left on the product. Our sticks are cleaned and sorted in a refrigerated facility to ensure safety. The bully sticks are then hung vertically from racks and cooked in an oven to ensure that they are bacteria free and safe for dog’s consumption. Hanging the bully sticks vertically removes most of the moisture from the product. The longer that they are dried, the less odor they have (odor in different vendors' products varies due to moisture).
We offer both odor free bully sticks and regular bully sticks. The only difference between the two is that the odor free bully sticks are dried for longer periods of time and have less moisture in them. After drying we cut and sort them according to our sizing charts. Our bully stick sizing chart is the industry leader and ensures that you are purchasing high quality product that is consistently measured by hand for thickness. The thicker the final product, the longer it will typically take for a dog to consume.
Shop Now for bully sticks
Please view our bully stick sizing chart below.
Looking for more information on Bully Sticks? Read the top bully stick questions below:
- What are Bully Sticks?
- How are Bully Sticks made?
- What sizes do Bully Sticks come in?
- Why are your bully sticks any different from other sellers either on or offline?
- How should I store Bully Sticks?
- How long do Bully Sticks last?
- Is it okay for my dog to swallow the small ends of a bully stick?
- What ingredients are in a Bully Stick?
- How often should I give my dogs Bully Sticks?
- Are Bully Sticks for Dogs safe?